Useful information and links

Monday, May 26, 2014

Vega Sport Protein Review



So through Fit Approach, I got to test out the Vega Sport Performance Protein powder in Vanilla. Stand alone protein powder, I am not a big fan of vanilla, but for mixing with fruits (and occasionally veggies), vanilla is my favorite.



I was actually a little hesitant to try this. I'm not a huge fan of plant based protein but I was also looking for a cleaner supplement to try and have had heard NOTHING but excellent things about Vega, and the Vega Sport Performance line sounded amazing.


Step 1: My ingredients! Strawberries, frozen mango, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, ground flax seed, and Vega Sport Vanilla protein powder


This is what the protein powder looks like out of the bag. It was a slightly brown color, but consistency was normal compared to most protein powder. 


After blending it all up!

The texture of the smoothie was a bit different from what I'm used to. It was thicker, but wasn't drastically different. The taste was different for me; it definitely wasn't as sweet as I'm used to protein powder being, but considering the usual one I've been using might as well be cake batter... It mixed well, it has a ton of protein for such a small amount of product! I also am a huge fan of no artificial sweeteners that so many others have. 

This one is definitely good for you! The nutrition facts are fantastic. The taste isn't any worse than a normal, lightly flavored protein powder. I would definitely keep using this for my fruit smoothies for added protein and I'd feel comfortable giving this supplement to my 11 year old. If you eat clean, this is definitely something to add to your supplement arsenal. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments as I get this started!