Link up with She Cooks, She Crafts, She Runs
- What is your favorite healthy and filling breakfast?
Some days it's protein pancakes, others it's simple egg whites with spinach and onions, uncured bacon, fruit, and green tea.
- What keeps you motivated?
Lately, it has been my son wanting to workout with me! It's fun making up workouts that he does with me and gives us new bonding activities.
- What's your favorite way to change up your routine?
I actually have a post coming up on this next week! If I get bored with my current routine, I like to try workouts I've been curious about or others seem to love. Such as, if I'm focusing on building muscle, I might do barbell complexes for a while, or look up routines on Fitness Rx for Women, Muscle and Fitness for Her or Bodybuilding.com.
- What's your go-to "get back on track" tip?
I go on to blogs that inspire me, and websites for tips and inspiration. I even keep an inspiration folder on my computer so I can look through images in the past that have inspired me!
- What is your favorite distance to race?
Newbie runner so 5k for now, but I definitely prefer trail running as opposed to road races.
- Name one thing on your fitness bucket list.
Oooo, to complete a triathlon definitely!
- Best reason for living a healthy lifestyle.
To be a good example for my 10 year old son.
- Favorite workout at the gym or home? (pushup, crunches,etc)
Barbell squats are probably my favorite! Or Lat pulldowns, depends on the day.
- Show us your shoes! Take a picture of your fitness shoe pile!
I'm out of town and all I have with me are my Brooks Ghost 5's. I also own a pair of Nike Free somethings, and a pair New Balance trail running shoes.