Useful information and links

Thursday, September 24, 2015

John Cleese

So, anyway by John Cleese is exactly what you'd expect from him if you've followed his career much. 

part biography, part rant, part media engaged, it's a great ride through the life and career so far of one of my favorite people. Plus, there are some pictures of John as a child which is interesting! It's a fairly long volume, compared to a lot of celebrity biographies, which is perhaps to be expected from someone who was about to graduate from Cambridge, then decided to ditch it and has had an illustrious career in film and television spanning decades. 

While it is a fantastic, fairly serious biography of John Cleese, don't expect it to be written in the same vein as Monty Python or you will be disappointed! For me, I grew up watching Python and Fawlty Towers, and have always been fascinated by the crew and reading this book just gave me more insight into the sheer madness that is John Cleese; so much so, that reviewing his childhood, you feel sorry for him. It's like something we were discussing with my son this week. That sometimes those who try to make others laugh the hardest are often the ones with the most pain behind their smiles. They project what they want others to see instead of how they really feel to deny their pain and I think this is true for John Cleese as well. 

I'd still recommend this book if you are a fan of John Cleese and simply wish to know more about the madness behind the genius. (And I dare you not to picture him doing the Silly Walk!)


1 comment:

  1. “When I was introduced to Mr. Lee Ben ( A Loan Officer), I was entering the market as a first time home buyer.My needs were a bit different and I had loads of questions, before he sent me my pre-approval letter, he called to speak with me about what it meant and what could change. He made himself available to me at pretty much any hour via email and texts, he was very responsive and knowledgeable. He’s also very straightforward, I explained to him what my expectations were in terms of closing time and other particulars. He said he would meet those expectations but he surpassed them. I closed so quickly my realtor and the seller of course were excited about that. But as a buyer I appreciated being walked through the process in a succinct yet thorough fashion. From pre-approval to closing- the journey was so seamless and I consider myself lucky because I’ve heard horror stories about the internet . I recommend A loan officer ben lee contact email: 247officedept@gmail.com & Whatsapp Number :+1-989-394-3740 to anyone looking for a loan in any market. Everything was handled electronically expediently and securely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments as I get this started!