Useful information and links

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Boston


I don't have a lot to say that hasn't been said, and honestly told myself that I wouldn't write anything about what happened. It has been heartbreaking seeing the news, hearing first hand accounts from other bloggers that I know and follow. Hearing about the families who will never be the same. I keep hearing people getting mad at others for how involved they seem to feel with this crisis. "Stop making it about you," or "well it's not like you were there." But it happened. It happened to runners. Runners who wanted nothing more than to fill, a likely, lifelong dream of running in one of the biggest races in the world for no other reason other than passion.

I love Boston, and have been blessed to spend some time there a few years ago with my best friend who is from there. We wandered around downtown, on the subways and trains. The amazing food court in Quincy  market, and the eclectic shopping in Faneuil Hall. All of the history bound up in this city. All of the amazing people and places. Thankfully her cousin that was running the marathon, and uncle who was there in support are okay and I'm so glad.

I think people feel so connected to all of this, to this tragedy, simply because of the vast amount of social media we are connected to today. When 9/11 hit,  yeah we had pictures and video from cameras. We had to wait hours, and days, to find out anything. But what we didn't have was Instagram, Twitter, Vine, and Facebook, who put everything online in a matter of seconds after it happened. First hand accounts of everything from ground zero so to speak. We can't escape it online, and on any of our social media networks. It's a good and a bad thing. But I do think we will come back stronger from it. They have all been in my thoughts and prayers since I heard about it.


Below are a few pictures I took during my time there.



This one is looking up into part of the Holocaust memorial.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments as I get this started!