Useful information and links

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Food!


I thought I'd post some pictures of what I typically eat. Everyone loves food and I am definitely one of those "live to eat, not eat to live" people. Probably a bad thought process, but I'm working on it.

First are some examples of food I make at home taken from my phone.


This one was a simple meal when I didn't have anything thawed out. Grapes, asparagus and a whole yellow squash. I seasoned the veggies with olive oil and garlic, and baked them. Sometimes I add a bit of sea salt.







A spinach salad with strawberries, onions and fresh lemon juice instead of dressing. Main meal was two eggs, ground turkey and more asparagus.
















 I get bored and this happens! It's a roasted hash of sorts. The sausage is by Aidell's (no preservatives- I can pronounce everything in it!), onions, bell peppers, yellow squash, and zucchini. Zucchini and squash seasoned with olive oil, or coconut oil, garlic and red pepper.












More eggs, half an avocado, and an Ezekiel Sprouted grain English Muffin toasted with maple almond butter.


Restaurant food!

Kerbey Lane cafe in Austin. Bacon, home fries, biscuit, eggs and gravy. Was a 2 am and I had just finished a 4 hour drive.

Chicken mango salad at North by Northwest


TacoDeli in Austin. Brisket taco and something else. Pinto beans and Mexican rice. Delicious!

Kind of dark but it is a candied walnut mixed green salad. Was sooo good.

The best rotisserie chicken I have ever had. And I eat a lot rotisserie style chicken. I had green beans and a Caesar side salad. At North by Northwest.

A burrito bowl from Freebirds! Steak and chicken with corn salsa, lots of jalapeno's and onions, fajita cooked veggies, rice, cilantro, roasted garlic, and lime juice.

I eat a fairly wide variety of foods. Normally there is some pasta and rice somewhere as well. I eat more chicken then steak, and I get in moods where I eat a lot of fish. I'm trying to incorporate more vegetables into my routine as well. Lots of smoothies exist in my world too! I'll be doing a post later this week on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments as I get this started!